Sunday, August 28, 2011

Ten Day Challenge : Day Two.


Day two :: Nine Loves.

1. I love that after a long day of work and going out of town for my close friend's engagement party last night, I was able to have today off work. How am I spending this unexpected day thus far? I can tell you. I'm curled up on the couch with my dogs, catching up on this blog, drinking an Arnold Palmer, painting my nails, and watching Michael Jackson's Moonwalker while waiting for Josh to wake up. It's our only day off together for a few weeks, so, I plan to make the most of it! 

2. I love the people in my life. Each and every one of them. After leaving St. Pete last night, I had such a warm feeling inside from seeing everyone out of town that I don't get to see near as much anymore. Seeing Brittany and her fiance so happy together and their supportive family and all of our friends celebrating was truly all anyone can ask for in a night's event. 

3. I love all things Disney. Yep, I've become one of 'those.' Disney movies, shows, characters, parks, merchandise, the wholee shabang. Hannah Montana is my hero and Magic Kingdom is close to being one of my favorite places on the planet. When I have kids, they will grow up watching the old school classic Disney movies..and I secretly can't waittt to have an excuse to watch them all the time again like we did when we were little! ;)

4. I loveee nail polish. I have tons of it. Buying a bottle of nail polish, whether it be $12 or $1, is easily one of the most exciting things I can do with my day. 

5. I love that we're fixing to move into a house within the next month. (Date is TBA. Could be as soon as this week!) I LOVE home decor, and am thoroughly excited to be able to decorate our house together and start little projects to fix it all up. Even though we're only renting for now, it's our first 'home' together and I cant wait to make it ours...because we're planning to stay there until it's time to buy one. The dogs will have a backyard, and mamma has a wholeee 1700 square feet and a huge amazing back yard to play with! (Actually, that's not completely true. I won't be able to play with it all..because it so happens I decided to date the ONLY man on the planet who has a strong opinion on home decor and has a massive collection of odd paintings he's accumulated while traveling that he loves and I hate. So, details on this obstacle soon to come.)

6. I love that although I've been waking up at 6am for work everyday, I've made it a routine to immediately make a pot of coffee and put in a vinyl while I'm getting ready. I find extreme joy in the smell of brewing coffee and the sound of any vinyl, so, why not combine this and try to make the best of being half asleep while dreading going to work? 

7. I love winter. It's my favorite season by a million landslides, and it makes me super sad that we don't have much of any of it in Florida. But I love everything about winter...the smells, the music, the theme, the decor, the white snow, the warm feeling everyone gets around Christmas...it's amazing. And I LOVE skiing. I would ski everyday if I could. 

8. I love reading, and I hate that I haven't had time to do much of it lately. My book collection is another asset to my home that makes me super happy every time I look at it. I've been a book nerd my entire life..and I need to get better about squeezing that hour or two in a day to read more again! 

9. I love all things pertaining to crime. It's completely fascinating to me, hence why I chose it as my career path. I find myself trying to solve every single crime scenario I come across..whether it be on the news, a tv show (real or fake), something I drive by, or one I hear about. I can't wait to dedicate my life to it, and give it 110% of everything I have and continue to learn more about it at each chance I get. 

No comments:

Post a Comment